Hey all, keep posting any progress you make on this.  The sending unit in my ’70 is only reading from ½ to empty.  It won’t go over ½, even when the tank is full.  I’ll probably be dropping my tank soon to start checking it out.

-Dave

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2005 10:59 AM
To: Chevelle-list@chevelles.net
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] fuel Impedance

I believe from checking out my fuel sending unit and gauge, that in 1964 they were 50 OHM and in 1965 they went to 90 OHM.   I have a 90 OHM sending unit and a 90 OHM gauge, but it is not working the full range of the gauge.  It only reads about half the range on the gauge.

Hope we all can find some help with this.   I need to recheck my sending unit.  Need to put an OHM meter on it and check it.

In a message dated 7/11/2005 4:09:23 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

GM after something like 1965 use 0-90ohm, be sure to buy the right gauge.

ciao
André