Hey John, in the early 80's I had a 73 Camino that I used to park in the street, in a hilly section of the Bronx. I used to park it facing up hill as much as I could and the rain/melting snow would run out by the tail gate. If your driveway is flat I would make ramps that would elevate the front enough to get the same effect until you come up with a permanent solution. good luck, Jimmy.C
----- Original Message -----
From: John Nasta
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2005 4:38 PM
Subject: [Chevelle-list] How to own an El Camino in 3,000 easy lessons / EC's in the rain?

In the spirit of something having to be broken all the time, today my driver's window handle seemed to strip out. It's fine if I push in while I turn. They are cheap so I'll probably just replace it. Maybe it's better not to put the spring behind it.

How do you guys with El Caminos deal with the bed filling up with rain? Am I the only guy who parks mine outside w/o a cover? Are there supposed to be drain holes in the floor pans in case the bed leaks? I ask because I think I am going to have my floor pans replaced soon, and my bed does leak a little in the front corners. Right now it’s not a big problem because it leaks out of the holes in the floor pans that weren't patched correctly :) I have to start fixing all the things the first body guy didn’t do right. I want to get this done before the bad winter weather starts to hit.

Thanks,

John Nasta