I've used those before.  The two things that seem to help more is lithium grease and more support.  I buy the lithium grease in a can, and used to use it on all of my VW's cables, works well on any cable.  Also, try to secure the cable in as many points as possible with those small tube/wire loops (not sure of the real name).  The play in the cable is usually what causes the binds and hard use.

Hope this helps
Charles

----- Original Message -----
From: John Nasta
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 11:37 PM
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-list] manual choke (Edelbrock carb)

I've had my manual choke cable hooked up for probably a month or more now and it has already become really sticky. It's easier (but not exactly easy) to pull the choke on and much harder to push it to turn it off. Today I resorted to opening the hood and shutting it off at the carb. I have one of those "Help" (Motormite) cables. Are there better ones out there? I plan to take this one off and lube it if nothing else. Hopefully I can either get it to work more smoothly or get a better one. It’s becoming more of an issue now that it’s getting colder outside. Any recommendations?

Thanks,

John Nasta