http://dalesplace.com/misc/friends/clint/clint_hooper.htm
----- Original Message -----

That's very interesting.  So, it makes me wonder if that makes it an American car?  Guess it depends on how you look at it.  Either by where and by who it's made or who ultimately owns the company.

At 03:32 PM 11/22/2005, you wrote:

I am one of those silent people learning from eveyone else.  First, I am the proud owner of a '65 Chevelle SS.  Secondly, I work for a Japanese transplant parts suppliers in Missouri.  I can't say for all parts but I do know most of the parts on American made Toyota's are made in the USA.

From: Matthew Post <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Anyone home?
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 13:12:18 -0800

Are there any vehicles that are ENTIRELY American built anymore?  And by that I mean without Canadian or Mexican parts/assembly etc.?  I doubt it.  Larry makes a good point, but I believe those Japanese cars assembled here are made with mostly Japanese parts.  They are assembled here to avoid the customs duties associated with finished goods, but GM and Ford do the same thing in Europe.

I guess my point is that the lines are very blurred.  People can say "Buy American" and I'm all for it, but you have to wonder how much of the product is really American.  Besides, the Japanese automaker pays taxes to Uncle Sam for selling their cars here, same as GM or Ford.

Matt