Now maybe we're getting somewhere... Maybe not buying Japanese is a bit more personal for you than unfair trade practices.  Sorry to hear about your grandfather James.

Having said that, I will also tell you that I am half Japanese, was born an American, I served my country, and I fly Old Glory WITH PRIDE every day. Even though I am half Japanese, it's something I usually don't even think about, unless I run across someone wanting to blame me for something done by someone else generations ago. This being America, you're certainly within your right to think and spend your money as you see fit. As for me, I buy things because it meets my needs or fancy, not necessarily where it's made. All else being equal - or close, I will try to buy American.

Larry Shouse
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 7:02 PM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Anyone home?

my bottom line,,,when ANYONE owns a japanese product,even if it's your right,,,,you ARE supporting a country that attacked and brutally killed american solders, such as my grandfather,,, that refuses to allow our products to be sold in their country,,,that's right,,exercise your right,,buy from a race that will not buy from US!!!!