I'm going to look at a '65 4-door 300 Deluxe this weekend and
the seller told me it has manual steering and brakes.  Those of
you who've dealt with this setup, does it make a car significantly
less enjoyable and more demanding to drive for any length of time?
I'll probably be able to take it for a short test drive (weather
permitting) but I don't know if that'll be enough time to get a
really good feel for it.  Thanks!

Brad

--- Begin Message ---
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one! LOL!

When I met my first wife, I had a 77 Z/28, 350, 10:1, 286 cam, roller valvetrain, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge heads, Pete Jackson gear drive, Performer RPM, Performer Carb, TCI Streetfighter 350 trans, B&M Holeshot convertor, 3.73 rear, MSD, all that.  Man she hated that car!  She *constantly* harped on me, saying the car stank and was too noisy.  There wasn't a day that went by that she didn't holler at me about the car.

The current wife is much more supportive so far, but I'm still a bit hesitant to see how she'll handle the time it'll take to put in to it.
Anyone have any tips on how to balance not putting in too much time with also trying to avoid hearing the inevitable "that thing is an eyesore, why is it just sitting there?"

Karl Groves
Master Certified CIW
http://www.karlgroves.com