From: Kevin Riel
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 11:21 AM
Subject: [Chevelle-list] 69 Hood on a 68

Has anyone had any luck modifying the hood hinges from a 68 in order to put a 69 hood on a 68 with the 68 hinges?  It appears that the rear mounting point is farther back on a 69 hood, but can you just extend the hood mounting point on the 68 hinges rearward to make it work?  I know you can buy repo 69 hinges to solve this problem, but I have pretty good metal working skills, and wondered if I could save a few frogskins......  Thanks.

Kevin Riel
68 ElCamino