Some facts are apparent right away on the El Camino. There was no SS option for El Caminos until 1968,GM did not offer a/c on solid lifter engines,and the SS hood wasn't an option,either. If you bought it from the original owner,where's the documentation?
Sorry,I don't buy the story.
Clint Hooper
H&H Custom,owner
1969 El Camino ProTourer