Man, don't use silicone. If you guys spent a week or two with me doing resto work, you would never pick up another tube of silicone. I have spent many hours digging that crap out of every imaginal part of an old car. Rebedding a window is not hard. And butyl rubber is cheap stuff and the right way to stop the leaks. I have made package trays from thin sheet fiberglass and covered it with fabric from Walmart that look good and will last forever. You can get shower enclosure fiberglass panels from Home Depot or Lowes.
Mike
----- Original Message ----- From: "John Nasta" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2006 12:07 PM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Package Tray - 69 Chevelle

Try jamming some black silicone under the moldings. Cut a very small hole in
the tip of the tube so you can sort of inject it and not have it going all
over the place. Use masking tape on both sides of the seam so you get a
clean line, and be as neat as you possibly can with it. You'll need to take the tape off before the silicone dries. I had to do this on mine because my
body guy did such a great job of reinstalling my glass. Front & back both
leaked to the extent that I could see the water dripping into the cabin, and
now it's fine. If all you end up with is a thin black bead right in the
crease where the molding meets the body and the glass it will look fine, as
long as you don't have a points car, which it sounds like you don't (no
offense, me either). Fabricating a special package tray is like the tail
wagging the dog.