I come from a drag racing background... It's always been thought that too much is ok... you get yourself a pump that puts out more than you think you'll need... like say a Comp140 Mallory pump, or something similar, then regulate your pressure up near the carb. Not using enough of a pump will kill you... I'd bought a big block camaro many moons ago and had run it at the drags before I'd done really even given it a good going over just to see where I was... every pass, the motor just fell on it's face at about 1000ft... turns out the guy had put some $30 electric pump on it and it couldn't keep up... bowls were dry at 1000ft... As far as line size... I'd always run -8 from the tank/pump to the regulator, then -6 to the carb. Supply was never an issue, even running up to 600hp...One thing to note though...we never ran the single inlet that splits to the dual feed on our Holleys... we ran two separate lines from the regulator, one to each bowl...I think at some point, those single/dual inlets will become a restriction.

Ron

Matthew Post wrote:

Along the same lines as Larry's question. What brands of electric fuel pumps do you guys use? How do I determine the gph required for my engine (460hp+/-)? I came across complete kits at summit and at scoggin dickey. Do you guys think these are a good value for someone needing the complete system from tank to carb? http://www.sdpc2000.com/catalog/3217/products/154233/BG280-1x4-Fuel-System-Kit.htm
http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?Ntt=aeromotive&searchinresults=false&Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&N=115&target=egnsearch.asp

<http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?Ntt=aeromotive&searchinresults=false&Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&N=115&target=egnsearch.asp>Thanks!
Matt