So you're saying on the fittings coming out of the fuel pump, the NPT end going into the pump gets the tape but the AN fitting at the other end does not.

Thanks for your posts.

Larry Shouse
----- Original Message -----
From: Dale
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2006 7:17 PM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Fuel Filter

Forgot to answer one other question you had concerning Teflon tape.  NO, no tape on A/N fittings – ever.  It’s not the threads that do the sealing, it’s the 37 degree flare.  If you are using any NPT fittings in your fuel pump, that’s where the tape can be used.

Dale McIntosh
67 El Camino
1967 Chevelle Reference CD
http://www.chevellecd.com