I like your manual shut-off valve idea. I'll have to get me one.

Larry
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dale" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2006 6:59 PM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Fuel Filter

Herb/Larry, don't mean to butt in but here was my approach.

1. Fuel tank to an inline filter (GF61 type [I think] w/3/8" barb on both
ends and use a standard 3/8" fuel hose or Russell 'Twist-Lok' -6 hose. You may have extra Russell hose (left over from the next step) depending on how short a piece you can get commercially. Usually the shortest piece is 3-foot so you have plenty. The Russell hose is kind of an ugly baby blue color but
it should be up and out of view.
2. Russell 'Twist-Lok' hose to Russell 'Twist-Lok' -6 female fitting, #2401.
This is a no-crimp fitting for the hose and is barbed end makes the seal.
The female end will then take a standard A/N -6 male to continue to your
fuel pump. Naturally if you don't want to run the fuel filter at the rear,
you can use the same hose to connect to your fuel tank bung and secure it
with a standard worm drive clamp.

I actually went a bit further and put a manual shut-off valve between the
fuel tank and the filter. Served two purposes: (1) When the car was parked
at hotels for shows, I simply crawled underneath and shut the fuel supply
off. Car might have gone 10 feet before running dry if someone tried to
steal it. Who'd think to look for a manual fuel shut off valve in front of
the gas tank? (2) A more practical reason was the convenience of being able
to shut off the fuel from the tank to the filter when the filter needed to
be changed.  Saved me from having gas run down my arm when filter was
removed.

Be happy to email you more specifics offline.

Dale McIntosh
67 El Camino
1967 Chevelle Reference CD
http://www.chevellecd.com