Would a 70 SS have had dual side mirrors or would that have been an option?
In other words, would the absence of a RH mirror be an indication that it is
not a true SS? What about the rubber pad in the rear bumper?

I have to head out of here pretty soon so hopefully somebody out there
knows. Saw some pics of the car today. It definitely has had some body and
paint work despite what the seller said. I can see the bondo cracking behind
the right front wheel. Then of course she says "Well I don't know. We've
never painted it. This is how we got it." There's a big difference between
all original and never painted and "I don't know". Turns out that the
question "How do you know for sure that it was an SS from the factory?"
yields the same answer.

Thank you,
John Nasta