Ive had a motor to be hard to pre oil, if you got a priming tool get a better drill
and turn it clockwise as fast as you can some times they get an air lock on slower drills. You can make a priming tool out of an old dist. The housing of the dist is just as important as the shaft to. The oil goes around the housing to the lifter holes. good luck Eddie Bumgarner 66ss conv.