If you're willing to share that information (which is what a mailing list is all about anyway), then folks will think that you're probably a good guy, just a little thin skinned and cantankerous.  If you're not willing to share, then you're only on the list to boost your ego 'cause you know something that others don't.  Just my $.02
BillL