From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 9:36 AM
To: The Chevelle Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] OT: was Re: Gas Mileage

Matt and Mike,
     I'm right with ya.  My daily driver is a 95 silverado.  I put a 350
shortblock under the 305 top end.  mpg is 16-17 around town and 20 on trips.
I built it for efficiency but HP is probably a spectacular 200 and she's out
of breath at 4,500.  The LS1 I picked up is for the truck but it may start
out in the Chevelle.  Either vehicle will go
20+mpg around town.  Just crazy and 300+ horsepower.  The engineers
really hit it out of the ballpark with that motor.

Walt
http://www.personal.kent.edu/~wbainey/CHEVELLE.htm