I upgraded mine years ago to a 100 amp unit.  I don't open these things up, but it was able to be done within my existing 4-wire case.  I don't run anything with enough draw to put much of a load on it at this time, but if I choose to add more accessories I know I'm ok.

Devin
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 9:42 AM
Subject: [Chevelle-list] Alternator Question

I was wondering what size of Alternator I should be using on my 1968 Beaumont (350/350). I have a 63 amp and it was working good until Sunday night I got caught in the rain coming home from cruise night. With wipers,lights and heater blower going the volts were down to 12 and was a little worried. What size Alternator are most of uses using.

Thank you in advance

Dave
Ingersoll,Ontario
My web site: