-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Karl Groves
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 10:32 AM
To: 'The Chevelle Mailing List'
Subject: [Chevelle-list] Welding question

I have a Lincoln Electric HandyMiG (#20580) 110V welder and a little Clarke
95E (#WE6490) stick welder.

The MiG welder has been doing a great job at welding my rotisserie (which is
almost complete!).
The Clarke machine just couldn't get good penetration even when we cranked
the power all the way up. I tried 4 different types & sizes of sticks and it
just couldn't do it. It only takes 1/16 or 5/64 sticks, which should have
been my first sign that it couldn't cut the mustard.

So, my question is this: I also have some welding to do on the sheet metal
(floorboards, quarters, etc.) on my Chevelle.  When I weld some practice
pieces with my MiG, it is really hard to keep from burning right through the
material.    I was contemplating selling the stick welder, but now that I
think about it, I was wondering whether I could use it on the sheet metal.

Does anyone else have any experience with this, to offer some insight?

Thanks

Karl Groves
Master Certified CIW
http://www.karlgroves.com