Sent: Monday, October 02, 2006 8:38 PM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Sorta OT: Carb Recommendations

Devin,

Basically, I'm having intermittent problems with the one I have. I have recently replaced both intake and exhaust gaskets, including the one that goes in between the two, and bought a parts store rebuilt 1 bbl Rochester. I have the following issues...

1. fuel/air mixture - I can adjust it, and over a week or so, I end up rich again.
2. idle - sometimes it idles fast, and can't be adjusted down, and other times, it idles fine.
3 spits and sputters when I accelerate when cold, or until the engine fully warms up

Because of these reasons, I just want to replace the carb once again - but want something with automatic choke, either electric or otherwise. When running right, this 250 runs plenty strong for me, I just want a card that's well mannered and reliable, and the first two Rochesters I've been involved with has been a hassle.

Of course if you have headers or intake for my 250, I wouldn't mind trying to talk you out of it...LOL

Larry