There really aren't any dumb questions, but there are plenty of dumb answers. Always ask someone if you're not sure about something.

I'm a professional auto tech and I deal with parts people every day. They all screw up, even the good guys you can usually trust. I was doing a job at the first of the year and the part I was replacing wouldn't fit correctly. I called the parts man twice (this is a SAAB dealer parts guy, who usually knows his stuff) and was assured that I had the right parts. I had to take digital pics of the old & new parts side-by-side and email them to him before he finally realized that he had sent me parts for a 9-3 and I had a 9-5. I had told him in every conversation we had that it was a 9-5, he just screwed up. The point I'm making here is that the good guys can still give you the wrong stuff, so always compare the old to the new before you install them. It saves time and headaches. Welcome to my world. :-P
BillL

I know some (ok...all) of my questions seem dumb but it just seems like everything I try to do on the car fights me all the way. When I exhaust all of my own ideas I know that the knowledge on the list can set me straight. Thanks for all the help and for making me feel totally stupid!!

Ryan

I have the front end on tires for the first time tonight!!