I have personally dont have any experience with the poly bushings. The only
thing Ive heard is to make sure you get control arms that have grease fittings,
or they will eventually squeak.
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [email protected]
Sent: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 10:28 AM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Polyurethane rear control arm bushings
At 09:47 AM 4/6/2007, you wrote:
>
>I was wondering if anyone has any recent experience changing the rear
>control arms to all poly bushings.
>One vendor claims they bind during hard cornering in road going
>applications; but are ok for drag strip use.
>Another vendor doesn't know of any problem.
>
>My thinking is I'll stay with stock arms and box the bottoms, or maybe
>buy a set of aftermarket ready to use lower control arms.
>I'm leaning towards using all polyurethane on the lowers, and all
>rubber on the top arms as they seem to have the worst looking angle to
>operate through.
>But I'd like to hear from anyone with a "G" machine as Super Chevy is
>so fond of calling them.
>Thanks.
No "G" machine but I put all poly bushings BMR control arms top
& bottom on my 66 Elky 6 yrs ago & no trouble at all. But they come
with grease fittings & I use silicone grease.
________________________________________________________________________
AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from
AOL at AOL.com.