I thought these sensors were part of the emission control system and were warranted for 100,000 miles. My "check engine" just came on in my Blazer with 27,000 miles on it. I found 2 sites that talk about testing and repairing. If their not warranted, I sure don't want to go to the dealer and get ripped. I'll try and check it myself.
http://www.bobblick.com/techref/projects/o2sensor/o2sensor.html

http://www.unofficialbmw.com/all/engine/all_o2sensor.html
----- Original Message ----- From: "John Nasta" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <chevelle-list@chevelles.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 12:04 PM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] OT: Universal O2 sensors

I have two in total and they're both gonzo. Denso is the OEM brand and the most expensive. They list only one part# for both. Walker's are $95 each for "OEM-style" (with wires & connector) and oddly enough they list seperate part #'s for b4 and after the cat.

The universal ones are anywhere from $20 to $35 each on partstrain.com but I have to go out to the car and verify whether mine are one, two, three, or four wire. For some reason they all come up as fitting my car but that can't be true.

Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

Ouch, 129 bucks. I want to say mine was roughly 40 bucks. I even bought it from Auto Zone. If you have two throwing codes, I would replace all of them. My truck has 3 total I think. One on the exhaust manifold, before cat, and after cat.

 -Tim