They should be covered no matter what.  At 27,000 miles I would expect you
would be under the factory warranty, but I also am 99% sure that O2 sensors
are part of the emissions system and will be covered.

Also, you don't have to go to the dealer if you have a quality mechanic who
can do this.  I'm pretty sure that they can do GM warranty work as long as
they know how.  I know my mechanic told me so when I brought our Blazer to
him after the warranty ran out.  He told me that I could have been bringing
it to him all along.  Our O2 sensors are still going OK after 115K miles and
almost nine years.

Brad Waller ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

'66 Corvette | 327/dead | 4-speed | Wilwood Brakes | 245/45/16 BFG R1
'67 Chevelle | ex-SS396 | 355/700R4 | F-Body Brakes | 275/40/17 Kumho MX