All,

Members of the Chevelle list, I purchased a Chevy this week and would
like a little help decoding the engine. The gentlemen I bought the car
from said he didn't have any idea.  I'm not sure I got the numbers right
and will double check them tomorrow in the daylight and a little more
scrubbing on the block.  Front engine boss has two sets of numbers
VO507UFO and T6F526006 (I'm guessing this number is part of the VIN).
The casting number retrieved from the back of the block on the pass side
is N088551. This number doesn't seem to match anything I have in my data
base but it appears to be the only cast number on the back of the block.

Thanks for your help on this as I need to determine what I have before I
can determine what to do with it.  Tom