Rick Schaefer wrote:
Does anyone have instructions/advice for adjusting the TV cable on my 700? I am using a LOKAR TV Cable & Bracket on a TPI motor, not the stock zip & click stock cable. When I installed it several years ago, I adjusted it using a gauge and had to read specific pressure ranges for each gear. I can't find the info used back then. Thanx

--
Rick Schaefer
72 TPI El Camino

One reference (from Corvette Forum):
The TV cable adjustment is made on the side of the carb. It is something that can be done in a few minutes. If your pivot point is correct all you do is push in the metal tab on the cable mount and push the nose towards the firewall or into the mounting bracket then take the carb throttle linkage and give it full throttle until the cable ratcheted out and the butterflies of the carb are at full throttle position. This should adjust the TV cable correctly. If you make the cable shorter by pushing it into the body the shifts are alot harder You can try this but the 1st time you floor it the cable will self adjust. I mentioned the throttle stud must be in the correct location so that at a given throttle position the TV cable is pulled out the correct amount for line pressure. I have these demensions but not here. The shop that rebuilt my transmission wanted my copy for their files. Remember to adjust the TV cable nothing but the aircleaner must come off.

Chevelle Forum: http://www.chevelles.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-79170.html

Bowtie Overdrives has a detailed PDF on this and more:
http://www.bowtieoverdrives.com/Instructions/TV_101-1.pdf

You can also read a few other sites:
http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/transmission/tvcable.html
http://www.transmissioncenter.net/subject.htm