Mike, I understood what you were saying about WOT.   Several web pages
that I looked at just said to ensure that at WOT, the cable can not pull out
further.   I assume ( we'll see where that gets me) that if the cable is
fully extended then the plunger must be at full travel.  Would that be
correct?    I just hate to drop the tranny pan. On the other hand I'd hate
it more to burn up the tranny.

   bad66 -  The TV cable adjustment is critical.   If its not correct you
can burn up the tranny within just a few miles. Or so I've read on many web
pages.  I was looking for info on adjusting it by the pressure readings, but
Mike reminded me of the remove the pan & visually check the plunger
method.

    I am concerned right now because I had the TPI system apart and want to
get the TV cable adjustment right.    If you have been driving yours a while
& everything works correctly I'd say that you are close enough.   Do a
google search (there is a LOT on the web)  or read the links that Mike
provided earlier for better info than I can provide.