  From: Kevin Brown<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Sent: Monday, October 22, 2007 7:58 AM
  Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Hard to Find Item

  Thanks Dan I Was Wondering, I Too Am In The Same Shape As You But Not Nearly
As Far Into The Program With 5 Children Things Get Out Of Hand. My 70 Is A
Malibu Too And I Will Not Restore It Like Gm Had It I Want To Add Things I Like
To ItAfter All When Or If I Ever Finish It. It Will Be My Car And Well I Like
Things That Wasn't Stock Or Even Around When The Chevelle Was made. I Had The
Car Since I Was A Teenager I Am 43 Now, So Far I Have The Body Off, Powder
Coated The Frame And Almost Everything Under The Car. Now i Have Been In A
Holding Pattern For About A Year Trying To Get It Back To Just A Rolling
Chassis. I Bought Several Hundred Dollars Of Stuff From Ground Up.Nothing Is
Used Parts On The Thing. I Have Been Going New I Will Use Alot Of The Used
Stuff In The Body/Interior, But I Thought If The Frame/ Rear End Was Almost New
The Rest Should Lok Like It Too. I Am More or Less Just Looking For The Chip
Resistant Thing I Live In South Dakota And I Have Dreams About The Car And How
I Would Like It. My Son 12 Is Fallowing In My Shoes.But He Isn't A Motor Head
Just Likes The Look. My Wife Recently Divorced Me After 20 Years Of Marriage As
She Wanted To Go Find Herself Argh So That Set Me Back Quite A Bit I Lost
Interest In The Project For A Time But Now I Am Starting To Get My Life Back
Together The Funds Are Still Tight But I Have Enough Parts To Start On It.
Funny Just When You Think Things Are Going Good Something Always Came Up Like
This Divorce Thing. I Never Did Anything Wrong. Always Worked, Don't Drink,
Smoke Nothing But Out Of The Blue For No Reason The Loe Of My Life Sez Goodbye.
Kinda Was Hard On Me And The Kids Our Youngest 2 Year Old. But I Am Workin On
It Hopefully Mine Will Look Like Your One Day. I Am Having The Rear End Done
Now 12 Bolt 3.73"s I Am Saving For A Motor I Want A 454 But I Know They
AreSpendy I Might Just Go ith Something SmallerAnd Work My Way Up To It. I Was
Thinking Clutch But I Like The Horse Shoe Shifter In The Automatic"s. Bucket
Seat Etc. Things Are Getting Harder To Find. But Alot Are Being Re-Made So I
Hope Things Will Come Together Like Your Did I Guess One Day At A Time!! Kevin

  Daniel Solomon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    Kevin,

    It's a Malibu. This restore was on a budget. Most of the parts I acquired
over the years I picked up when the price was right and not when I needed it.
Ended up putting the car on the road less the big block in the garage for
$16,000 plus my time.
    I still have a wish list but they are all things that can be added later.
The SS dash is one of them. I keep hoping that I will find a sweet deal. The
experience I gained from restoring the sweep dash will pay off when I find one.

    Godspeed,
    Dan Solomon
    It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object to realize you are in a
hurry.

http://www.freewebs.com/chevelles1970/<http://www.freewebs.com/chevelles1970/>