John had said "I'm not sure what the advantage(s) of the 30A relay setup is/are." This site will help explain it and show you how to install one. It's a VW bus they're talking about but it will work on a Chevy starter.

http://www.type2.com/bartnik/relay.htm
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dale" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 11:49 AM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] speaking of starters

I haven't seen a M.A.D. diagram but the photo on their site of the ST-1
"START'M UP" kit shows the metal jumper just like the one from Summit.
http://www.madelectrical.com/images/st-1.s4.jpg.  I'd also bet the metal
jumper probably comes from one supplier and that Summit's kit and M.A.D.'s
kit use the same jumper.

I'd surmise that M.A.D. probably discovered the metal jumper worked better
(or easier) than a wire jumper but maybe didn't change the instructions on
paper - and I still can't find an instruction sheet on their site for the
ST-1 kit.

Dale