> Where do you attach to a 64 283 to lift engine and tranny as a unit?
> I've only done a V-8 once!
> I think I used two intake manifold bolt holes but thought
> I'd ask.
> Is it worth buying an engine tilter?

Thanks for responses.
I checked the 64 shop manual and they had a lifting tool shown in special tools section, though no picture in use. It says remove rocker arm covers for both six and V-8, so looks like you had to remove headbolts. ( which doesn't seem like a good idea to me)
Anyhow, for the 6 cyls I use a manifold mounting bolt in back and the ground cable attaching point in front. I have a chain I use just for lifting engines that has links marked for engine alone and engine with tranny attached.
I position the floor jack underneath car to act as "landing zone" for tranny, and then it will roll as necessary as eng/tranny assembly is lowered down and to the rear.
(the tricky part to the six cyl is that it's long enough to make it an issue getting tranny past firewall and at same time getting harmonic damper past radiator support.)
Still thinking about the tilter.

Pete