The master switch and the compressor switch is on your heat box inside the car and is controlled by your levers. Your diagram is hard to read (blurry). Can you scan a better one? This is what I would do if It were me doing it. Be sure the fuse in the fuse block is good. Install a 30 amp fuse in the line coming from the horn relay. It's true that this supplies a full 12v to the heater but it may feed the purple wire to your motor also. Hard to tell from your drawing. Put the plugs back on the relay and the resistor. Take a volt meter or a rigged up 12v bulb or test light and with the ignition in the on position see if the purple or the orange has power. If you have a volt meter or a test light you can also probe the sockets that plug onto the resistor or relay. At least this will tell you if any wire has power. Let me know. If that fails I'll go to see my buddy tomorrow and look at his '69 again. I'm doing this from memory when we put his together. ----- Original Message ----- From: "John Nasta" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <chevelle-list@chevelles.net>
Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2007 11:35 AM
Subject: [Chevelle-list] blower motor wiring cont'd

The fan works when hooked directly to electrical power but the purple lead is dead all the time.

I'm trying to figure out where the power is supposed to be coming from. I'm not great at reading wiring diagrams, but it looks like there is a 14ga brown wire coming from the fuse box to the "master switch" (whatever that is) and a 14T (tan?) wire going from that switch to the blower switch.

This is the diagram I am using:

http://johnnasta.com/69-AC-wiring001.jpg

Can anyone confirm where I am supposed to be tracing power from?

Thanks,
John Nasta