When my "69' need a new rear glass I contacted a local club here in central
Illinois to see who they would recommend.  I had already bought the glass via
on line and needed someone to install it.  The club Secretary gave me the names
of three different individuals that had done work on club cars.  He came out
installed the glass and charged a $100.00.  After I watched what all he did it
was money well spent.  Unless this car is a concourse show car I would
recommend urethane, it is superior to what they used to use.  Just my two cents.

                                        Ted

Josh Campbell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    You would be better off having it installed by someone that knows glass and
old cars, I have experience in installing my own glass and I'll tell you when
the budjet allows..... I pay for it!! Just make sure they know how to install
the chrome correctly. I had to get a claim with Safelite about a year ago. I
just painted a '67 442 and I called them to install the windshield I asked for
my regular guy to come out they sent someone else.... he scratched the car in 6
separate places installing the chrome before I could stop him. But if you
choose to install it yourself definatly go with urethane, it will never leak if
installed correctly!!

  Josh Campbell
  66 SS 396 (Black on the rotisseree, 1st car never part with it)
  66 SS 396 (Red got it on a trade I only wanted the steering wheel)
  87 Monte Carlo SS (The modern Chevelle especially when you add the right
stuff)
  71 Malibu (Something new to blow my money on)