Although I don't need to put glass in, those are/were good instructions.

thanks Mike

mike

----- Original Message ----
From: Mike Holleman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2007 5:46:05 PM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] 1967 Chevelle Windshield Installation

The easy way is the glass shop. I do all my own, but I was taught by an expert.
The clips have to be in place before the windshield is installed. If you are
missing studs you can pop rivet or screw the clips in place. I like to always
start with new clips. Dry fit the windshield. Put setting blocks under the WS
about a foot in from the edge. Once you are happy with the clearance, up and
down and side to side put a small strip of masking tape on the glass and on to
the lower cowl for realignment purposes. Cut it along the bottom edge of the
glass. This is your alignment point. Note where the metal ledge is in
relationship to the glass so you will know exactly where to put your sealant.
Remove the glass. I only use butyl rubber tape and recommend 3/8". Start laying
your tape bottom center around the edge of the WS ledge being careful not to
change the shape of the tape as you go. You don't want thin spots. You should
end where you began. This is a two man
 job. Now carefully set the glass on the setting blocks in alignment with the
masking tape. Then slowly lay the glass in against the ribbon. Hopefully in
exactly the same position it was in during dry fitting. Pat the glass down with
the palms of your hands all around the perimeter and it will be set. At this
point I like to put it in the sun for several hours and then water test it.
This is not easy but doable. I'd hate to know I had to do this from my lousy
instructions.
Good Luck.
Mike Holleman