Thanks Brad. I'll look for something like that. I've seen the hydraulic ones the shops have, but never seen a hand tool that would work.

At 08:47 AM 1/7/2008, you wrote:
From: Matthew Post <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> You mentioned that you "had to cut and expand pipes on each
> of the installs."  What type of tool is used to expand the
> pipes inexpensively at home?

I have a pipe expander/shaper that is basically a bunch of
cast iron segments arranged in a circle and held in place
by a couple of heavy rubber o-rings.  A screw-driven wedge
is in the middle of the circle and as the screw is tightened
the wedge moves down and forces the segments to expand
outward against the ID of the pipe.  It works OK for
reshaping and slight expansion but that's about it.  Exhaust
shops probably have some kind of hydraulic expander that
can apply much greater force to the pipe.

Brad