It's kind of the nature of the hobby, isn't it? cost, cost, cost,
I'm on a budget and some of the gouging that goes on in shipping parts is
ridiculous!

Bill Bradley
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/chevellerestoration/
67 Chevelle Malibu 305/700R4
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1649723
71 Triumph Spitfire
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2506950
82 Kawasaki KZ305CSR

---- John Nasta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have not checked into the pickup situation either. Priority Mail is
pretty convenient for small stuff, especially with the new flat rate
boxes. Like you said, anything you can fit into that box goes for that
rate (presumably, and as long as it's legal).

For bigger items though I find that FedEx Ground has better rates than
UPS, but I don't have a UPS account or any discount with them, so I
guess I get the tourist rate with them.

I have a package place about a block and a half away that I just drop
stuff off at. I put my own label on it and FedEx picks it up there.

Don't forget about the new USPS 13-ounce rule (any package over 13
ounces has to be taken to the customer counter at the post office). I
don't know how it affects pickups. I wonder if that's nationwide or
just here because we have public street mailboxes for outgoing mail...