I have a '71 Malibu 350 with a stock fuel pump and Edelbrock carb. I need to replace the fuel line from the fuel pump to the carb. I've been told that that line should be steel, especially the part the runs behind the alternator/fan. I bought a stock, pre-bent, steel fuel line, but of course it does not fit correctly to the Edelbrock carb. I'd like to install the steel fuel line to the fuel pump, cut the nut off the end that normally goes into the stock carb, and run rubber fuel line to the fuel filter and then to the Edelbrock carb. My concern is that the steel line would only be supported in one place (at the fuel pump) and might vibrate loose.

1) Should I support the other end of the steel line somehow? If so, any suggestions on how and where to support it. 2) When removing the old line from the fuel pump, do I have to worry about fuel leaking from the pump?

Tom Tomlinson