With my '66 I had to learn how to MIG weld so I could
redo the quarters, floors, and other misc work.  I was
able to pick it up relatively easy, and have been
really thankful that I learned the trade.

However, now I have to do some aluminum welding on my
Vette project, and let's just say the learning
experience has been nowhere near as fun.  I'm using a
Lincoln SP-125 Plus with the aluminum feeding kit,
4043 wire, and getting all the info I can off the web.
 The metal I need to weld is .060", and man is it
tougher to get welded than steel..

I guess I just typed this email to vent and see what
other tips others might be able to provide who have
gone through the same experience- my biggest
misconception is that knowing how to weld steel might
help me along with being able to weld aluminum..
WRONG!    8^]

Regards,

Jim
'66 Malibu