If the heater core is bypassed, that probably means that it leaks (a lot).

I had the heater core bypassed on my El Camino for a few years, but last fall I finally decided I wasn't going through another winter without heat.

Looks like a nice ride. Slap a decent coat of paint on it and if the interior is nice you could probably pick up a few $$ driving brides and grooms around.

John

Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

The heater isn't hooked up....and it wasn't before I bought the car. There is a hose coming off the core, and I tried spraying water there, to see if I could get the heater to work, and it looks like its plugged solid.

The oil is perfect, nice and clean, smells normal....that's why I was a little stumped about this black water. But I'll drain/fill/run it a few times, and I think that should clear up my problem.

Thanks everyone!