Could be rear main seal or even the intake. Check the intake and valve
covers before you start dropping the pan and trans.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, June 21, 2008 9:55 PM
To: Chevelle-list@chevelles.net
Subject: [Chevelle-list] Oil Pan Gasket Leak

I noticed a small leak on the bottom of my oil pan this week. Car is a '70
SS 454.  Tightened the bolts but still leaking and I can see parts of the
gasket sticking out suggesting it is broken.  Leak appears to be coming from
the rear of the engine dripping down the flywheel cover plate.

What is the easiest way to replace the gasket?

Any way to fix this without pulling the engine?

Thanks,
Jerry Wells

  _____

Get
<http://toolbar.aol.com/moviefone/download.html?ncid=aolcmp00050000000011>
the Moviefone Toolbar. Showtimes, theaters, movie news, & more!