  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of tabius barrett
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2008 8:49 AM
To: chevelle-list@chevelles.net
Subject: [Chevelle-list] I've replaced just about everything and....

Ok here is the latest problem. First let me say that i have replaced the
distributor cap, rotor, wires, plugs, ignition module, ignition switch, and
coil, all twice. The issue is that when I drive the car, as long as the car
is hot, it starts up just fine. However, when I allow the car to sit and
cool off for several hours or overnight, the car spins but will not crank.
After trying to crank it a few times, if i let it sit for another several
hours, it will fire right up. Then it cranks fine for a few days then it
starts all over again. I don't know what else to replace. I was just told
yesterday that it may be the "pick-up coil" in the actual distributor.
Driving me crazy. Any thoughts?

tb
71 Chevelle SS 402