Solenoid is defective, replace it. If the starter spins it is o.k.

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

From: "Leo John Costigan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] I've replaced just about everything and....
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 09:57:57 -0700

If I understand you what you are saying is that when you try to start the
engine the starter spins but the engine will not turn over.

If this is your problem then you need the check the starter. Either replace the
starter drive inside the starter or replace the starter as an assembly.

Hope this helps.

Leo