I did the painless system on my 67. It was ok, but I am in electronics. The
painless system uses the same color codes as the original harness and many
features of the new micro-fuse blocks in current production cars and trucks.

It comes down to a few questions like Brad said. What do you want such as 14
circuits? Do you think you can pigtail and splice the harness back in?

I was doing mine one evening and a skunk scampered by the garage door.  We had
a few tense moments.
mike