Sorry, no web site I'm aware of.  Dennis, Isn't the serial number and VIN
one in the same?  Never heard early years called a serial number.

Anyway, I have 'restoration' kits for 65-72 Chevelles, specific 65 and 67 El
Camino, as well as a 74 Vette I once had; also have factory assembly manuals
for 66, 67, 69, & 70 Chevelles.  The restoration kit and assembly manuals
are two completely different animals - almost nothing in common that I've
found.

I don't know if GM will mail overseas or not and I don't know how their 800
number would be accessible overseas.  Was your 65 built in the U.S. and
exported as a RHD or was it built in one of GM's European plants?  That
might affect the VIN when ordering a kit.

If it's a U.S.-built 65 built for export, it more than likely was built at
Baltimore, Maryland.  They're a major player in export Chevelles.  If it has
a Baltimore VIN, something like 133695B1xxxxx.  Not really a lot of
information as far as restoration needs in the 'restoration kit'.  They
consist of photocopies of general data and the 65 contains less than most
years; data such information as model identification, regular equipment by
series, regular production options, interior and exterior color choices,
power team combinations and some engine specs.

A factory assembly manual would be more helpful in getting correct parts and
seeing how the final assembly was done.  Note the assembly manuals DO NOT
contain data on work done at Fisher Body, only those things added on the
final assembly line.

Dale McIntosh
ChevelleCD.com
ChevelleStuff.com