Gentlemen and Ladies

Before I get those “check the forum section”, or the “check your factory
assembly book” replies. No, I haven”t done either yet. I'm going to ask for the
“been there done that” crowd! And links to the first option mentioned .

Background: 1967 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu ( bench seat replaced with 99 Grand
Am electric bucket seats ), with a 283 2 barrel replaced with a 1984 305 topped
off with an Edlebrock Torker aluminum intake manifold and a Rochester 4 barrel.
Originally a powerglide, I'm now running a 700R4 overdrive (non electric)
column shifted. I have a spare steering column I've removed the shifter from
and filled the hole. I have an automatic transmission console, shifter and
shift cable. Yes, you've guessed it, while gutted, I want to convert it to a
floor shifted automatic with the console.
What I really hope to get are tips and tricks for this project, that and maybe
a template for cutting the hole for my shifter cable. I figure this is a great
winter project(heated garage). I wanted to get it done before installing sound
deadener , carpet seats, etc.
.
As I was saying, I'm getting ready to “gut” the cabin of the car, so any and
all help would be greatly appreciated!

Bill Bradley
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/chevellerestoration/
67 Chevelle Malibu 305/700R4