That's been my experience, just as you describe.  The door was WAY off, and it took over $1,000 worth of body work to make it fit.  And the rubber seals do not fit right, so I can't roll up the window without manually adjusting the rubber seal near the front.

I would've been far better off to fix my original door.

Jim & Chris wrote:
Has anyone had any experiance with aftermarket door shells. I had skins put on my '72' pass side is great,drivers side is not. top  of door gap (between door and quater) is 1/2'' +in. bottom is tight. gap between bottom door and rocker is open on hinge side (front) and tight on back . I think its a bad door skin ?

  Check out my webpage at http://www.ProStreetCar.com
  Hoosier State Chevelle Assoc (http://www.IndianaChevelles.com) #6