I got a dvd from Eastwood that shows every step to getting a door skin
installed.

50046  Body Panel Replacement 2 DVD's by Kevin Tetz

I have always heard that it's much harder to get a skin to fit
properly than a shell. Of course a shell just bolts on, so it's much
less labor. Seems like the difference in labor is often worth the
difference in prices of certain parts.