From: chevelle-list-boun...@chevelles.net
[mailto:chevelle-list-boun...@chevelles.net] On Behalf Of GCP Tech
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2009 10:58 AM
To: chevelle-list: chevelles.net
Subject: [Chevelle-list] Manual Steering Box

I'll be replacing a manual steering box with a power box in a 1968 Chevelle,
it appears to bolt into the same location...is there anything I should watch
out for?

The manual box has lubricant leaking from under the plate with the thrust
adjuster thingy.  Should there be a gasket between the body and plate?

Looks like someone packed it full of (red) general purpose wheel bearing
grease.  Is this the proper lubricant?

Granite City Performance
custom engineered competition components
http://www.granitecityperformance.com/