In my '72' it looks about 2:1 the long end up ( 6 in.) going through the fire wall to peddle. couldnt measure the short end bottom going to the throw out fork. look on one of the parts suppliers web site for a quick reference picture. Jimmy.C ----- Original Message ----- From: "GCP Tech" <granitecityperforma...@charter.net>
To: "chevelle-list: chevelles.net" <chevelle-list@chevelles.net>
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 2:17 PM
Subject: [Chevelle-list] Clutch Linkage Z-Bar

I'm working on converting a '68 Chevelle back to a manual transmission. The transmission was converted to an automatic several owners ago so all I have is an old hand-me-down-box-o-parts.

I have a question about the clutch linkage Z-bar. The one I have is 1:1, it has no mechanical advantage. Both pivots are 4.5 inches long. Is this the correct Z-bar for a Chevelle?

Granite City Performance
custom engineered competition components
http://www.granitecityperformance.com/