If you can leave the floor brace intact do so. You will need to drill the
spot welds. Did you buy the replacement pan? It will help you determine how
much room you have to cut.

From: chevelle-list-boun...@chevelles.net
[mailto:chevelle-list-boun...@chevelles.net] On Behalf Of Rick Schaefer
Sent: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 10:20 AM
To: The Chevelle Mailing List
Subject: [Chevelle-list] Commited

  I commited to replacing portions of my drivers side floor pan.   Passenger
side is near perfect.    I cut out the most significant damage ( at the
intersection of the toe board & floor pan),  I think rot started at the
overlapping seam.   But there is a bit more damage than that also.    I
posted pics of progress at photobucket and included my "plans" in the
comments under the pics.  I would apprecite your ideas & input on what I've
done so far.       I'll be asking detail questions  (mostly welding stuff)
as I progress.

--
Rick Schaefer
72 TPI El Camino