  From: Dan Solomon
  Sent: Monday, February 01, 2010 5:04 PM
  Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] wiring question

  I had a hell of a time with the dash in my 70. Must have pulled it out and
put it back in 6 times. Make sure that you have the three black ground wires
hooked up. One goes to a screw on the cluster, one to the metal frame of the
dash carrier and one to the e-brake. Also did you put the ground strap back in
under the light switch?

  My problem turned out to be the headlight switch. Power to the cluster passes
through this switch. One of the spades slipped out aside the connector and was
not making contact. Here is the topic on chevelles.com. It has some great pics
and information to diagnose the headlight switch. It also includes information
on the 12 pin connector and tests to verify voltage at the fusebox.
http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260728&highlight=hot+wires+SS+dash

  Dan
  "It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object to realize you are in a
hurry."
  http://www.freewebs.com/chevelles1970/