Ground wires are very important I added wires from the back of the gauge
cluster to the ground strip for the light switch and then to the metal dash.
What happens when the switch is turned to on?

From: chevelle-list-boun...@chevelles.net
[mailto:chevelle-list-boun...@chevelles.net] On Behalf Of rml...@comcast.net
Sent: Monday, February 01, 2010 5:06 AM
To: BOBBY
Subject: [Chevelle-list] wiring question

I set my restored dash in place and connected the wires, turned the key to
acess. and my temp. fuel, and amp guages did nothing. Should there be a voltage
at the 12 point plug for each of these three guages. My dash lights work. Turn
signals work. brake lights. All the lights are working. Iam stumped. Any
ideas,Thanks. Frustrated.